Re: How to Sync Handspring Using GNOME PIM Conduit?

Adam,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not sure what model of Treo I'm using. It's actually rebranded as a Sprint cell phone. There's no model designation imprinted on the case, as far as I can tell. Our firm's policy is not to use packages from debian/testing or debian/unstable, because we want to have a stable environment. Nevertheless, I do use a few select back-ports to Woody on www.backports.org.
I don't have gnome-pim or gnome-pim-conduits installed.

Here are the results of my test using pilot-xfer:

mmorey turing:~$ pilot-xfer -l -p /dev/ttyUSB0

  Port not connected, sleeping for 2 seconds, 0 retries..

  Device not found on /dev/ttyUSB0, Did you hit HotSync?

  Unable to bind to port: /dev/ttyUSB0
  Please use --help for more information

mmorey turing:~$ pilot-xfer -l -p /dev/ttyUSB1

  Port not connected, sleeping for 2 seconds, 0 retries..

  Device not found on /dev/ttyUSB0, Did you hit HotSync?

  Unable to bind to port: /dev/ttyUSB0
  Please use --help for more information

The Treo then reads:

   Connecting with the desktop using Direct USB/Serial . . .

followed by

The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again.

Any other suggestions as to how to go about testing?

Michael

--
Michael Morey
Consultant