re: gpilotd timing out

Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> This used to work for me, and it works on my computer in my office with
> basically the same setup, but for some reason it doesn't work at home.
> When I try to sync with gpilotd I get these messages over and over:
>
> gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200
>
> (gpilotd:3892): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed out
>
> (gpilotd:3892): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs
>
> I know my permissions and group memberships and everything are fine,
> since I can use pilot-xfer with no problem. I can't figure out why
> gpilotd isn't working. Anyone have an idea?

There was just a thread on this problem. Try setting your timeout to 4 or 5 seconds. I use 5
seconds and generally don't have problems. When I do have problems, though, I kill the hotsync
process, wait about 5 seconds, and try it again. It always works the second time, though I don't
know why (except maybe the possible race condition that was mentioned in the previous thread).

Nathan