gpilotd timing out

This used to work for me, and it works on my computer in my office with
basically the same setup, but for some reason it doesn't work at home.
When I try to sync with gpilotd I get these messages over and over:

gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200

(gpilotd:3892): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed out

(gpilotd:3892): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs

I know my permissions and group memberships and everything are fine,
since I can use pilot-xfer with no problem. I can't figure out why
gpilotd isn't working. Anyone have an idea?

(I'm running gnome-pilot 2.0.10 with kernel 2.6.5. I use WindowMaker
without gnome (but have the whole gnome 2.6 system installed) so I run
gpilotd from the command line.)

--
Stuart Luppescu       -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR