gpilotd broke

My gpilotd has started malfunctioning recently...

It's worked ->OK<- minus all of the glitches that seem to be cause by
the fact that USB isn't quite as rock stable as the serial version of
the pilot-link stuff (so I've heard).

Long story short, once I installed IBM JVM onto my Treo 600, the
synchronization process keeps hanging on the "Backup" stage as it tries
to backup the "J9 MIDP Bundle". Yes, that particular base EVERY time...

... I've got "Backup" disable now, but would like to know what's going
on, and when I will be able to turn "Backup" back on. I'm not taking
Java off my Treo ;).

Thanks Folks,
Mike