Re: gnome-pilot not working with Ximian, Jpilot works fine

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 19:00, John Sutherland wrote:
> Jpilot works, gnome pilot does not.  Where can I start to look?

Start by reading old postings to this list.

Things that keep coming up (this would be an FAQ, if we had a
gnome-pilot FAQ to point to - David, you willing to host some
gnome-pilot space?) include:

what debug messages are you seeing?
  - check the system log for USB messages
  - restart gpilotd in a terminal window to see debug messages.

what palmOS device do you have?
  - is it USB?
        - if so, is it supported by the 'visor' kernel module?
            - take a look in system log to see messages relating
                to attempting a sync.
            - if not, supply correct vendor and product ID strings
                to 'visor' with something like:
                    modprobe visor vendor=0x54c product=0x66
        - if yes, is device supported by gnome-pilot?
            - check the source of gpilotd.c and see if
                product/vendor strings are supported:
                http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-pilot/gpilotd/gpilotd.c
            - if not, you'll have to compile from source or wait
                for new release (mail the maintainer)

what version of gnome-pilot and pilot-link do you have?
  - other people reading this list might have specific
    comments on particular combinations.