Re: Evo at work - Palm - Evo at home

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 15:39, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
> Le ven 16/01/2004 à 15:22, Benjamin Dahlhoff a écrit :
> > Look here:
> > http://multisync.sourceforge.net/
> > this could help you.
>
> Hi Benjamin, thanks for your answer. I just had a glance to the
> homepage, seems like a good way to go. If I understood it correctly, I
> need to have multisync installed on both computers, and multisync takes
> care of the syncing process between the 2 computers and between the PDA,
> right?
Yes, you can sync between both computers directly, or between both
computers via a server, or between your pda and your mobile etc...
> I was initially thinking of using the PDA as a way to import / export
> the info from a PC to the other,
what kind of info ? If your add or change a address on your
home-computer, sync your home-computer with your PDA and then sync your
PDA with your computer at work, the new address is on both computers.
> but it's not the way it works in
> multisync, right? (thus requiring a connection between the 2 PCs)
> Last but not least, are gpilotd and the Evo conduits still used with
> Multisync, or does the Evo plugin for Multisync replace them?
I still use gpilotd to sync my PDA with Evolution, but i use multisync
to backup my Adresses, Calendar and TODO from Evolution with my
Backup-PC. Multisync PDA-Applet does not work with a Password, but it is
a alternative if gpilotd doesn't work for you.
But this is a topic for another mailing list :-)