Re: Tungsten T5 Problems

> However, the conduit layer (of evolution) seems dodgy. I tried
> syncing my evolution tasks with the T5, and it behaved badly when I
> deleted tasks on evolution. (Created a series of empty tasks on T5).

	The applications on the T5 are completely different than the
applications that the original conduits in Evolution currently can
handle. The T5 has "Calendar", "Contacts", "Tasks" and "Notes". Prior
devices had "Datebook", "Address Book", "ToDo" and "Memo Pad".

> I tried deleting ToDoDB using dlpsh (rm ToDoDB command), and it
> seems to delete it, but the todos keep on existing on the PDA,
> despite the fact that dlpsh (and pilot-xfer --list) report that the
> DB no longer exists !

	ToDoDB doesn't natively exist on the T5, unless you put it
there with some other tools. The new application is called "Tasks",
and has a different storage and record format from the ToDo app found
on previous model devices. The new app, Tasks, will import the data
from the legacy ToDo application "transparently", but it doesn't store
its data in that database any longer.

	Evolutions conduits will have to be ported to the new Palm
application API before any OS5 devices released after the T3 will be
fully supported. This includes the T3, Zire71, Tungsten E, T5, and
several other models. Every model has slightly different tweaks in the
data that have to be dealt with appropriately. Its hard to keep track
of all of the changes, since they are completely undocumented, without
either hearing that things break, or having physical access to these
devices to poke at.

	We're working on it, but nothing is stable enough to release
for production use in these applications, yet.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com