Treo300 Connection troubles

Hello all.

I've been using gpilotd-control-applet (ver 2.0.10) from within
Evolution to sync my Treo300 with my company's Exchange servers. (I'm
using Ximiam desktop with the Exchange connector)

I never could get the USB interface to work and after a few days of
reading and patching kernels, I gave up and bought a serial cable and
quickly got it to work.

There are still a few rough edges that I need to work out and I hope one
of you will be able to help.

Syncing Memopad:  I can't get the notes in Memopad to sync with my
desktop.  When I used to use Outlook on Windows 2000 Memopad would sync
with an Exchange folder called Notes.  Now it appears there is a conduit
called Memofile which looks like it can sync memos from the Visor to a
directory in the ~/MyPilot directory.  I have mine pointed at a file
called ~/MyPilot/memo.

I've tried all combinations of turning on 'one time action' and
'actions' but have never had a single note file make it from the Treo to
the computer or back.

Can anyone help with this problem?

--Below are the console message that gpilotd-control-applet generates
when it is started.

** Message: Pilot name -> MyPilot
** Message: Pilot id   -> 500
** Message: Pilot username -> James Scott Hunter
** Message: Pilot creation/rom = 1058293625/55717888
** Message: Cradle Type -> Serial
** Message: cradle device name -> Cradle
** Message: cradle device name -> /dev/pilot
** Message: Pilot Speed  -> 115200
** Message: Timeout -> 2
gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
** Message: pilot = MyPilot

--
Scott Hunter

Group Health Cooperative