Re: Neo Visor/Evo 1.4MDK 9.1 - won't sync first time w/out entering Pilot Settings

> I can live without the printing if I can just get the hotsyncing to be
> predictably usable.

	Oddly, I have always been able to sync with gnome-pilot and
Evolution for a very long time without any problems. In fact, I just built
yesterday's cvs HEAD of evolution, gnome-pilot, gnome-pilot-conduits, and so
on, and they all worked flawlessly with my Tungsten T|2 handheld, including
the previously-broken Address and Memo conduits, which are fixed in cvs.

	I do not, however, run devfs, hotplug, or any dynamic device mapping
daemons on my systems (and never have, thankfully). Stock Debian Unstable
here, which works like a charm for everything I've thrown at it, with 2.4,
2.5, and 2.6 kernels.

	Let's start with the basics:

	1.) Versions of _everything_ related here: Evolution, gnome-pilot,
            gnome-pilot-conduits, pilot-link, libpisock.

	2.) What version of glibc are you running on that machine?

	3.) Does pilot-link work with this handheld, when gpilotd is killed
            off and disabled?

	4.) What does /usr/libexec/gpilotd --version show? Is it built
            against the version of pilot-link that your system reported in
            step 1 above?

	5.) When you run /usr/libexec/gpilotd in one terminal, and then run
	    gpilotd-control-applet in another terminal, do you see them
	    interacting as you change/save settings in the applet?

	6.) Disable ALL the conduits in the applet, and enable JUST the ToDo
            conduit for now, and try to sync. Does it work?

	7.) Is 'usbserial', 'usb-uhci' (*NOT* uhci) and 'visor' loaded when
            you sync? Do you see any errors in the logs? (/var/log/messages,
            likely)

	8.) What exactly happens when gnome-pilot is configured properly,
            and you try to sync? Run them all in a terminal (*WITHOUT*
            evolution loaded)  and see what errors you get? Anything
            relevant or useful?

	Let's start there. I personally know there are _thousands_ of people
who are happily syncronizing their Palm handhelds (usb and serial) with
gnome-pilot and Evolution (modulo the Address and Memo conduit breakage in
the official packages versions floating around in some of the distros). I'm
sure your issues are localized to either your hardware configuration, or
your software confiugration.

d.