Re: Neo Visor/Evo 1.4MDK 9.1 - won't sync first time w/out entering Pilot Settings

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 13:58, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
    > Closing gives me an error message that the connection to '/dev/pilot' is
    > not present. It doesn't matter if I use /dev/ttyUSB1' instead of the
    > symlink, same result. Once I accept this error message, pressing the
    > hotsync button on the cradle makes the connection and I am able to sync
    > for as long as Evo is up and running. Sometimes, it lasts for as long as I
    > am booted up.

    	A couple of things:

    	1.) Don't use devfs. Nobody is using it anymore, and the problems
    	    with it are vast and many. If you must use it, statically create
    	    device for your Palm handheld in /dev/, and make sure it remains
    	    persistant through reboots.

    	2.) Don't use hotplug for the visor driver. Blacklist it in the
                /etc/hotplug/blacklist file, so it is not loaded by the daemon
                itself. Add 'visor' to /etc/modules.conf, and let it load once,
                and remain loaded, at boot time.

Just a data point: I use both of these with Debian and I can sync my
Treo 300 just fine.  Debian uses an initrd to start devfsd, so my device
is /dev/ttyUSB0 (have you tried this, instead of ttyUSB1?).

    	Many people have Evolution working with their Palm handhelds,
    without too much trouble. I'm sure your issues are just local configuration
    related.

This is an area where I have trouble too.  But then, I'm using g-p
0.1.71, and evo 1.0.5, so my experience here is probably not as
relevant.

Zeen,
--
-Adam P.