Re: Neo Visor/Evo 1.4MDK 9.1 - won't sync first time w/out entering Pilot Settings

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 07:28, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

<snipped>

> Just a data point: I use both of these with Debian and I can sync my
> Treo 300 just fine.  Debian uses an initrd to start devfsd, so my device
> is /dev/ttyUSB0 (have you tried this, instead of ttyUSB1?).

Yes, I did. No joy.

>     	Many people have Evolution working with their Palm handhelds,
>     without too much trouble. I'm sure your issues are just local configuration
>     related.
>
> This is an area where I have trouble too.  But then, I'm using g-p
> 0.1.71, and evo 1.0.5, so my experience here is probably not as
> relevant.

I am very tempted to back down to 1.2.4, which is the most up-to-date
version that MDK promotes. Version 1.4 has a nasty printing bug that
picks up the font at the top of your fonts list instead of your
Gnome/Xserver defaults. I have yet to find how to get this fixed.
Answers found on the Web have been cryptic. Earlier versions were more
customizable, but then so was Gnome1. I have already downgraded once and
it was time consuming. I'm not looking forward to doing so again. I can
live without the printing if I can just get the hotsyncing to be
predictably usable.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Paul