Re: gnome-pilot and network sync

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 13:09, Marcos Hiroshi Umino wrote:
    Hello Eike,

    EM> Hi
    EM> I've just got my Palm Tungsten T connected via Bluetooth and syncing
    EM> with
    EM> pilot-xfer -p net:any
    EM> works great.

    EM> The next step would be to get gnome-pilot to work to sync with
    EM> evolution. So although it has an option for network syncing you can only
    EM> set the device to /dev/<something> and not to net:any as pilot-xfer
    EM> would accept.
    Btw, you won't have success if you try plain USB link too. New palms
    are totally unsupported.

    They say some future release you fix this bug forever, but I'm yet to
    see it.

    Sorry for the pessimist news. :(

    Btw, mine is a Zire71. (Alas, if someone wants to point me wrong I
    will be really thankful)

The Tungsten and Zire are both supported for USB by 2.0.10 (not sure
about the Zire71, is its vendor/product ID 0830/0070 like Zire?).  But
you need a 2.4.21 kernel for the visor driver to recognize it.

I've never tried net syncing though, so I can't help you there. :-(
--
-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg