Re: GPILOTD Memofile Sync crash

Hi Guys,

me too. Just updated woody's gnome to 2.2 and evo to 1.4. Works so far.
But I had the memo-conduit crash with the "default" versions of
pilot-link 0.11.7, gnome-pilot 2.0.9 and the conduits 2.0.9. Default
means those versions installed by dselect while updating the system.

As I remembered to have successfully installed the whole pilot-stuff
several month ago -- thanks to the great help from this list -- I digged
for my old notes and downloaded the whole new bunch: pilot-link 0.11.8
and the gnome-pilot & conduit 2.0.10.

What I did is:
1) configure --prefix=/usr/local  for pilot-link
2) compiled and installed it, works good.

3) configure --prefix=/usr --with-pisock=/usr/local    for gnome-pilot
4) compiled and installed it, works okay, what makes me wonder once
again is this:

---8<---
fungata carryme:~/MyFiles/sys/clie$ gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version ..
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB1)
--->8---

compiled for pilot-link version ..

This is strange but I remember we had that those days. Anyway, gpilotd
works fine, so no need to worry, right?

5) configure --prefix=/usr --with-pisock=/usr/local    for
gnome-pilot-conduits
6) compiled and installed them, working okay

Above is all just for info, BUT:
I have the memo-problem, too. Even after all this new stuff seems to be
in place. And there is something more I wonder: In the config
pilot-settings dialog of gnome, there are no
- address
- calendar
conduits listed. Where have they gone? Have they never been there? Cant
remember, it's so long ago...
When syncing with gpilotd, they seem to be executed. Any ideas?

Okay, I hope the memo-bug will get fixed soon. If I can do anything, let
me know. If I missed something, please let me know, too.

Regards
Lars