gpilotd-control-applet and drag-and-drop events

Hey all,

  I recently discovered that one can install software by dragging it
to the gpilotd-control-applet.  This hereby rocks, by the way, but
I've noticed a problem.  I'm RH9 running from the latest Ximian RPMs
installed with Red Carpet.

  After dragging one PRC file to the applet, the applet becomes
unresponsive to dragging a second PRC file onto the icon.  In fact,
when I attempt to drop a second application, irrespective of when I
drag the second, it locks up my panel (I can still alt-tab over to a
shell window and kill the applet to get the panel responding again).

  Just some basic skinny, in case that was confusing:

  1. The drag and drop events don't affect syching: I can drag the
     first PRC and still sync.
  2. If I kill the applet and restart it after dragging the first PRC
     (either with a sync inbetween or not... when no panel hang
     happens), I can drag another file.  All files that drag without
     hanging the panel get added to the queue.
  3. The applet only hangs* the panel (makes it unresponsive to clicks
     on other applets, like the task switching applet).  After the
     control applet is killed, the panel starts responding again and I
     can hit the "yeah, restart this applet" button and everything's
     fine.

  Anybody else observing this?  Any ideas?  Is there something else I
can do to help debug this thing?  I've been looking at the DND code,
and it looks pretty simple.  Since the PRCs get installed, I thought
it might be something with the "g_strfreev (names);" call, but I'm not
familiar enough with the GTK to know what this does.

  Thanks much.

Jake