Re: gpilotd sync problems - workaround?

I don't have it fully working either, but I did a dirty trick in my gpilotd source:

In the visor_devices_in function, I added a while cycle, which waits until the Treo really exists in the /proc/bus/usb/devices. It sleeps until it can found it. Of course it can be run only from a terminal.

It seems that /proc/bus/usb/devices is not refreshed at the time when you push the HotSync button, only after 4-5 seconds (I use kernel 2.5.70), and this causes the problem. If I use the following coreography, it works:

- kill any accidentally-running gpilotd
- start the hacked ./gpilotd from a terminal
- push sync button
- kill the gpilotd (Ctrl+C)

This gpilotd process can be used only for one synchronization, it won't wake up again if you push the button again.

Sometimes I got "Unable to bind to pilot" message at the first try, but It always work for second time.

Did it help?