It worked, it broke...

I've had gnome-pilot working for ages without major problem.  Currently
using the package set from Ximian's XD2 on RH9:-
        gnome-pilot-applet-2.0.9-0.ximian.6.2
        evolution-pilot-1.4.0-0.ximian.6.6
        pilot-link095-compat-0.9.5-22
        pilot-link-devel-0.11.5-4
        pilot-link-0.11.5-4
        gnome-pilot-2.0.9-0.ximian.6.2
        gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.9-0.ximian.6.1
        gnome-pilot-devel-2.0.9-0.ximian.6.2

Yesterday I hit a problem I have seen before where an apparent kernel
race condition in the visor.o module took my box down (this happens
occasionally with the regularity apparently depending on the kernel
build, when you hotsync and somethig grabs /dev/ttyUSB1 the kernel
crashes leaving the caps lock light flashing.  A hard reset is needed to
recover).

Following this gnome-pilot has not been seeing the palm device.

The config looks fine.  gpilotd is running - have restarted several
times, run it in the foreground etc.  Its seeing config changes.  If you
strace it you can even see it prod at /proc/bus/usb/devices .   However
its not picking up on a hotsync at all.

If I hotsync gpilotd just ignores it.  I can then do things like run
pilot-xfer (without pausing gpilotd) and that works fine.

What do I need to do to persuade it to work for me again?

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]