Re: Handpring Visor connects from commandline but not gui

Thanks for the response.  I realize that gnome-pilot has no gui.  What I
meant was the evolution pilot-settings menu gui.  I am just lazy.  I
finally got evolution to get the pilotid from the Visor.  Unfortunately,
I can only get the id as root.  When I type the following from the
command line as a user and not root:
pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -l
I get the following error:
  ERROR: Permission denied
   Unable to bind to port '/dev/ttyUSB1'
   Please use --help for more information
I have read the --help and have not found anything that helps.  I am a
little scared about changing the permissions on /dev/ttyUSB1.  Any help
would be grateful.

Thanks
Neil

 got it working only when I run evolution from root.

--
Neil West <nwest cox net>