Re: eskil.org and gnome.org/gnome-pilot outdated?

Hi folks,
I don't think you have heard from me a lot but I am reading your mails being very excited about all the stuff you write.

I am using debian woody but I can not use the gnome-pilot.
It is syncing with the pilot manager fine but when I try to enable the MemoFile Option in the Gonme's Control Center => Pilot Conduits, after I click the Button "Enable" It says
            Aplication "gpilotd-control-applet (proc.....) has crashed due to fatal error.

I simply don't have the time to start compiling gnome just because of a g-pilot applet feature...

As far as I can use my Palm with the pilot manager I am pretty glad, but there are some other problems.
As said I sync with pilot-manager fine and wanted to sync with Evolution. It syncs especially after some
recent updates provided by debian - god bless them :-)
So here it is what happens
If I don't set the Options "Copy from pilot" after an evo-sync (g-pilot) I have double entries both sides on the
Palm and in Evolution - And as mentioned the Memofile sync crashes when trying to configure it, so I don't
have memos on the Palm.

I was using Mandrake 8.2 before I converted to debian-user and there ware no problems with syncs at all.
Unfortunately they don't support some apps I needed.

Any advices are appreciated

regards

emo

Lars W wrote:

Hi (agian) David,
On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 16:27, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

>       I'm happy to host a gnome-pilot webpage on the pilot-link.org domain
> for people who wish to find it, but I too don't have the time to create such
> a page. If someone wants to create a page with updated links and info, I'll
> gladly post it on my site (please make sure the HTML you produce passes an
> HTML validator).

I'm more happy you do so, since it's the most valuable source for
information. But it's rather hard to find your page if one doesn't come
via sourceforge.net. Getting there demands knowledge of it's exitence.
The problem I intended to mention is that YOUR Page is (now) the
important one, and not the others (eskil, gnome-pilot), but anything on
the web first leads to those pages that are dead-ends.

> > Maybe (only maybe) somhow these dead-ends should be eliminated by
> > redirecting to pilot-link.org. And there, BTW, is again a link to
> > http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-pilot/ under "Clickage"
>
>       Where should it point instead? The ftp directory on gnome.org?

Yess. All that seems useful over there is in
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-pilot/0.1
The HTML-Page is outdated and does not lead to the current stuff.

But I have no Idea yet how to "promote" your page better to avoid people
from getting stuck at gnome.org or eskil. If something comes to my mind,
you'll be first to know.
'till then
Lars.