Transfering files to my m500

Hi, I have an 8 MB SD laying around so I put it in my palm thinking that
I could use it to transport files on. But I can't find a way to do this.

First I wanted to copy a gif-image to my palm, using the usb-cradle, so
that I could beam it to my cellphone. My desktop computer doesn't have
an IR port.

Second it could be good to occasionally store documents on the palm.

I know this might not be the best place to ask, but after having looked
on the web I didn't find any place thats felt more suitable.

Anyway, gpilot-install-file doesn't seem to do the trick. Do you guys
know of any software that allows you to transfer arbitrary files or do
you know where I could ask?

Thanks,
--
Alexander Isacson <aleis959 student liu se>