Re: Sony Clie with USB sync

Hi Daniel,

I had severe problems with my Clie and gpilotd, too. They are mostly
gone with the newer releases as those you use. For the
memo-files-conduit, please refer to the archives of this list. There
have been dozens of mails lately dealing with this. To keep it short: It
doesn't work at the moment wit gnome-pilot 2.0.10. The memo stuff is
simply broken. Disable that conduit.

For the general connection issue try this:
1) Do NOT use the applet, remove it from the tray.
2) open a shell and kill gpilotd. (You must be able to kill it.
Otherwise you don't use linux but some kind of windoze. Try killing it
by its process-id, i.e. "kill -9 1234" if 1234 is the id, you get that
number from "ps aux"
3) after killing gpilotd start it by simply typing "gpilotd"
4) send us the output. Maybe your connection settings are completely
wrong.
5) try to connect and watch the shell. Evo doesn't have to be running
while you do all this, but it should work if evo runs.

For the todo-crashes I have no idea, sorry.

Tell us more.

HtH

Lars