Re: Sony Clie with USB sync

Thank you for your help. This is some of the info I gathered while
playing around with it a bit more.

I removed the applet. The process didn't die. I tried sending -9 but it
was properly hung on IO or parent or somthing. (I have been able to make
programs that are unkillable like that, IIRC they were some kind of
orphans, either way very weird stuff)

Anyway, the only way it works for me is if I start a sync before I run
gpilotd otherwise gpilotddosn't work. Also I have to restart gpilotd
between sync's. Currently my pilot uses /dev/ttyUSB0 and I have a
symbolic link from /dev/pilot to that. I have to use the serial method
in gnome-pilot. If I use the usb method my machine freezes (well the
sysreq keys work ;) ) and the scool lock and caps lock start flashing.
Notice I DO sync using a usb device, but in gnome-pilot I have to set
the type of sync to serial.

Now for some output.

gpilotd not during a sync:
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

(gpilotd:4701): gpilotd-WARNING **: Could not open device Cradle
(/dev/ttyUSB0): reason: "No such device".
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0

I try sync'ing but nothing happens, and in the end my palm gives me an
error about not connecting.

gpilotd started during a sync:
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB0)
gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-Message: Cradle Cradle has 0 events
gpilotd-Message: Instantiating 1 conduits...
gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 1 backup conduits, 0 file conduits, 0
other conduits
gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronizing pilot
gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 29329, name is Sony Clie, owner is Kevin
Burke
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
backupconduit-Message: Making backup of finger
backupconduit-Message: Wrote 1 of 1 records, which is good
backupconduit-Message: redbook-07.pdf not modified since last sync
{much more here, I cut out}
backupconduit-Message: Wordnet medium not modified since last sync
gpilotd-Message: Synchronization ended

At this point, if I try to sync again it dosn't work, same as before.
Restarting gpilotd repeats itself.

Thank you for your help.
-Daniel