Re: Handspring TREO 270

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 14:11, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > So what would be a reason that I do not see the icon of 'PilotSync'?
>
> 	Try this:
>
> 	gpilotd-control-applet --cap-id=1
>
> > -Do you have a standard procedure I could follow to check if my Evolution
> > connects to gnome-pilot?
>
> 	See what happens when you try to sync, assuming you're running the
> latest stable kernel with the Treo patches and the latest patched
> gnome-pilot with Treo support, of course.
>
> > Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> 	Your locale is wrong. What does "echo $LANG $LC_ALL" show?
>
> > gpilotd-Message: The gnome-pilot daemon is already running
>
> 	You can't run it more than once, if it is already running.
>
> 	Also, just for curiosity sake, what does 'lsmod' show for a number
> next to the visor driver? If it is ANYTHING BUT 0, your kernel has crashed,
> and you have to upgrade to a newer kernel that doesn't have this problem, or
> reboot every time it happens to free it.
>
> > Jpilot works perfect for me. Why would Evolution not implement a
> > Sync-Button like there is in Jpilot???
>
> 	Because Evolution relies on gnome-pilot, a daemon, which is sitting
> in the background, listening for connections. J-Pilot has one as well,
> called 'jpilot-sync', which can do the same thing.
Ok, I got one step further. My usbdevfs now mounts at boot.

I start gpilotd manually and then I hit the hotsync button. That gives
me:

 gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.71 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cable (/dev/ttyUSB1)
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

What does that mean: cannot open display? What can I do to trace that
error?

Thanks for your time and help.

Zeno