Re: Problem with restoreing files.

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 09:53, Krzysztof Porowski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I 've got a few questions:
>
> 1. I had a small problem with gpilotd:
>
> My Palm Pilot m105 got down after loss of power. I had made a backup
> before so I wanted to restore it. I put the Palm on the craddle and
> pressed HotSync button. Gnome-pilot asked me if I want to restore a user
> ID and all the data stored on my hard-drive. Then I pressed OK, and the
> restoration bagun. After 30% it hung up on the Notepad. The Palm showed
> a message: "Connection lost." After few tries I figured it out, that
> file npadDB.pdb is responsible for this. After moving this file
> somewhere else I sarted to restore my Palm once more and it hung up on
> MemoDB.pdb. And then I moved.........
>
> Summarizing:
> - gpilotd is killing itself after trying to restore Address*DB.pdb,
> DatebookDB.pdb, MemoDB.pdb, npadDB.pdb and ToDoDB.pdb,
> - Pilot shows "Connection lost",
> - progress window freezes,
> - there is still question message box "Do you want to restore...." under
> the progress window, but it is not beeing redrawn,
> Is it a BUG ?
>
> 2. What is Restore menu item supposed to do?

Its supposed to restore all databases from the last backup.

> 3. Is there any possibility to Sync from PC to Palm (option in user
> properities doesn't work)?

You can use pilot-xfer to restore your stuff, pilot-xfer -p <port> -i
<files>.

> 4. How does the install conduit work?

The install conduit works by listing files to install, with
gpilot-install-file or by d&d to the applet (if enabled).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.