Re: [Evolution] Palm Tungsten T - Sync

Frederic Crozat wrote:

Le mar 15/04/2003 à 19:53, Adam C Powell IV a écrit :
I've sent a patch to the gnome-pilot list (March 22, "Re: Treo 300: pilot-link works, gnome-pilot doesn't") which does the same thing, but rather than kludging one particular device (e.g. Tungsten, or my Treo 300 which also doesn't have an "S:" line), it uses vendor/product IDs for all of them. In addition to more uniformly (and elegantly) handling a wider range of devices, this approach facilitates syncing with the list in drivers/usb/serial/visor.h in the kernel, e.g. for Samsung devices (on which we still haven't heard a test report...), etc.

And yes, it includes the Tungsten T.

Sorry my Subject didn't more clearly identify it as a general patch, wish I could have saved you this work.

A second patch was also required to make the Treo 300 work, which replaced pi_accept_to() with pi_accept() (gnome-pilot March 23, "Treo 300 Success!").

I agree my patch is an ugly hack and since I didn't have anything but a
Clié to test them, I rely on folks from the community..

Now, you just need to convince jpr to integrate your clean patch :))
Not implying my patch is perfect. For example, I lump together the product and vendor IDs, but it might be better to separate them, and maybe even use the same variable names as visor.h/visor.c so we can copy-and-paste to update one from the other (most likely updated gpilotd.c from visor.h/.c since one generally gets the kernel working with pilot-link before trying gnome-pilot).

Any thoughts?  Should I spend a bit of time to do this?

Cheers,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>