Re: Problem with restoreing files.

User JP Rosevear wrote:

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 09:53, Krzysztof Porowski wrote:
1. I had a small problem with gpilotd:

My Palm Pilot m105 got down after loss of power. I had made a backup before so I wanted to restore it. I put the Palm on the craddle and pressed HotSync button. Gnome-pilot asked me if I want to restore a user ID and all the data stored on my hard-drive. Then I pressed OK, and the restoration bagun. After 30% it hung up on the Notepad. The Palm showed a message: "Connection lost." After few tries I figured it out, that file npadDB.pdb is responsible for this. After moving this file somewhere else I sarted to restore my Palm once more and it hung up on MemoDB.pdb. And then I moved.........

Summarizing:
- gpilotd is killing itself after trying to restore Address*DB.pdb, DatebookDB.pdb, MemoDB.pdb, npadDB.pdb and ToDoDB.pdb,
- Pilot shows "Connection lost",
- progress window freezes,
- there is still question message box "Do you want to restore...." under the progress window, but it is not beeing redrawn,
Is it a BUG ?
Can anybody explain this strange behaviour? Or maybe somebody will fix it, PLEASE!
I have the same BUG when I chose Restore option :(

2. What is Restore menu item supposed to do?

Its supposed to restore all databases from the last backup.
And there is one very important thing - to give a proper backup directory :)

4. How does the install conduit work?

The install conduit works by listing files to install, with
gpilot-install-file or by d&d to the applet (if enabled).

As I can see drag and drop to the applet make it not responding for anything except TERM :(. Do I have to have the Install conduit enabled during d&d or only during the Sync?

Krzysztof