Re: Handspring Visor USB and Evolution

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 15:49, Joseph Ruscio wrote:
> Keith,
>
> There sure is, but its not necessarily for the faint of heart. As of last
> week you needed to download the source for and compile the following packages
> in this order:
>
> 1. pilot-link 0.11.4
> 2. gnome-pilot 0.1.66
> 3. gnome-pilot-conduits-0.10
> 4. evolution 1.0.8
>
> I know binaries for a lot of these packages were in process when I did all
> this so they may be out by now. AFAIK the first evo binary slated to support
> this is 1.1.2beta.
>
> A lot of people have had troubles with building gnome-pilot due to configure
> leaving a flag out of the makefile, there is info on that in an earlier
> thread in the mailing list. And you don't know the meaning of DEPENDENCY HELL
> until you try and compile evolution, but they do include detailed
> instructions on how to do it, so I guess we can't complain.
>
> I compiled all the above packages and have evolution syncing to my USB Visor
> Edge under Mandrake 8.2

I have mine syncing using the earlier versions of these packages from
red carpet, but not exactly the way I'd like to. I have to start gpilotd
from a terminal, then go to my visor and do the sync thing, then kill
gpilotd. If I try to sync a second time, or used gpilotd as a daemon
(they way it's intended to be run), syncing fails.

If I get the various packages/versions you list above, can I use gpilotd
as a daemon, or will I still have to run it, one shot mode, from the
command line?

Thanks,
James