Re: Handspring Visor USB and Evolution

Keith,

There sure is, but its not necessarily for the faint of heart. As of last
week you needed to download the source for and compile the following packages
in this order:

1. pilot-link 0.11.4
2. gnome-pilot 0.1.66
3. gnome-pilot-conduits-0.10
4. evolution 1.0.8

I know binaries for a lot of these packages were in process when I did all
this so they may be out by now. AFAIK the first evo binary slated to support
this is 1.1.2beta.

A lot of people have had troubles with building gnome-pilot due to configure
leaving a flag out of the makefile, there is info on that in an earlier
thread in the mailing list. And you don't know the meaning of DEPENDENCY HELL
until you try and compile evolution, but they do include detailed
instructions on how to do it, so I guess we can't complain.

I compiled all the above packages and have evolution syncing to my USB Visor
Edge under Mandrake 8.2

Good Luck!

-Joe