Re: Handspring Visor USB and Evolution (James Gallagher)

Hi all,

I used to be able to sync my visor and evolution more or less easily;
sometimes I had to kill gpilotd once, but nowadays I have to restart
the deamon up 7 or 8 times, I was wondering if anybody had found
a way to circumvent those problems; I'll certainly try to run
gpilotd manually as suggested below.  Here is my config:

pilot-link-0.9.5-ximian.2
gnome-pilot-0.1.65-1.ximian.2
gnome-pilot-conduits-0.9-1.ximian.1
evolution-1.0.8-1.ximian.1

Modules loaded:

visor                  10400   6
usbserial              18336   0  [visor]
usb-uhci               21604   0  (unused)
usbcore                51104   1  [visor usbserial usb-uhci]

I run RH 7.2 on an IBM A20p laptop.

Cheers,
M.

--
marcel turcotte, assistant professor, school of information technology
and engineering, university  of ottawa, 800 king edward,  p.o. box 450