inquiery about Palm Vx and Debian-Gnome

Hi there,

hope this mail reaches the right people, and this address is the correct
address for questions concerning gnome-pilot related questions ...

Could somebody tell me or gimme a tip about the following -
Palm Vx is connected through ttys0 on my debianbox
I apt-get palm-pilot - which seems to be installed OK

when I try to sync my PDA through the wizzard at first setup - the
connection can not get established. I then tried to enter it manually
(add new device, add new pilots and so on) - but then I got a permission
denied response on ttys0 - while even setting it to 777 would not matter

I'm fairly new to Linux as a whole, but I was able to install Debian and
X from scratch, so I'm no idiot either :)

I searched the net for tips and ideas as to what might be wrong - but
nothing has turned up so far :(

Could anybody give me a clue ?
And if this was the wrong list / address - my apologies - any ideas
where I could find some info ?

thanks already

mentor
http://webcam2.bassment.be