Re: Problems Setting up Gnome-pilot with my USB Visor Edge

Benjamin Bostow wrote:
I am trying to set up Gnome-pilot so that I can sink my information from
my Visor Edge to Evolution. I have run pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -l and
that works so I know the driver is working. When I start up the Pilot
conduit I get the screen that walks you through setting up gnome-pilot.
At the next screen I put in Visor Edge for the Name, /dev/ttyUSB1 for
the Port, 57600 for the Speed, 2 for the Timeout, and select Handspring
USB for the Type. At the Next screen I select "Yes, I've used sync
software with this pilot before." The next screen says "About to
retrieve UserName and ID from the pilot. Please put pilot in Visor Edge
(/dev/ttyUSB1) and press HotSync button." I do that and later on my
Visor screen the message, "The connection between your handheld computer
and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and
try again" appears. I am trying to find out if there is some thing I am
missing in setting this up?

I had problems like this with my Visor deluxe. It seems that because the device does not exist (the visor) until you press the sync, because of USB hot-plug, the get-id does not work correctly. It was a case (for me) of repeated "press the visor button, dash to the mouse and click next" until it somehow worked.

--
Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
	18 Candlewood Cr, Toronto, ON M3J 1G8