Re: Settings seem right for m505 but no connection

Have you got pilot-link working?
check if it works.

push hotsync button on cradle

pilot-xfer -b <backup directory>

this should backup your palm to the specified directory.
If this does not work then maybe pilot-link isnt configured correctly.

The next bit I found a little odd...  I wonder if anyone can shed light
on this problem. Sometimes the hotsync applet goes weird...

I push the hotsync button and sometimes it syncs...
But often I must do the following to get it to work.

1:-Cancel the sync from the palm end.
2:- Kill gnome-pilot applet. This brings up a gnome question about
reloading the applet DO NOT do anything with it yet.
3:- Kill gpilotd
4:-Push Hotsync
5:- Push reload on the gnome-pilot question window

Hey presto it syncs!!!

This may be a problem with my set up.

I use pilot-link-10.99, gnome-pilot-0.1.65, and gnome-pilot-conduits-0.9
with the relevant patches with a recompiled evolution 1.0.5.

hope this helps

Dave Cooper