Re: Re Re: gpilotd not working stable with my Clie SJ30

> Hi List, still this unstable USB connection.

	Are you using gnome-pilot 0.71 and pilot-link 0.11.6?

	These should ideally be configured as follows:

	pilot-link should be installed in /usr/local (--prefix=/usr/local),
so you don't screw up any distro-dependant install of pilot-link in /usr.

	gnome-pilot should be installed in /usr (--prefix=/usr) but you have
to make sure to tell it to find your shiny-new pilot-link 0.11.6 install in
/usr/local by using the --with-pisock=/usr/local argument to configure.

> I managed to set up IR-Sync today (many thanks to the great howto by
> David A. Desrosiers <hacker at gnu-designs dot com>). This worked two
> times great and now it fails, too. Here is again a long Syslog with some
> comments in

	You're welcome =)

	This all should work, assuming you have the right bits installed,
configured, and set up for your particular device. I've never run hotplug
(and I never will), but maybe that is screwing you up? Have you tried
disabling it? Does pilot-link (pilot-xfer, dlpsh) work against your Palm
device over USB? You have to make sure to kill off gpilotd before testing
with pilot-xfer or dlpsh of course, because they both will collide trying to
talk to the same device on the same port.

> Dec 30 16:15:45 romanic kernel: Assertion failed!
> irtty.c:irtty_write_wakeup:705 self->magic == IRTTY_MAGIC
> <<< What tells me this line ?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ >>>

	You should only be using irda, ircomm, ircomm-tty now. I should
update my HOWTO when I get a few minutes, and rewrite it for these newer
devices and different modules in 2.4.21 and newer kernels.

d.