RE: Temporary gnome-pilot Maintainership

I agree with this.

> That sounds great, we need someone to take eskil's place... Thats
> actually the reason why I just joined the gnome-pilot list was to try
> and figure a solution for it.  One thing to mention though, temporary
> often ends up as full-time :)  I would also like to bring up
> some other
> issues:
>
> 1) Gnome-Pilot is in desperate need of a new website, this *should* be
> most likely hosted at the gnome.org site.

There is already a gnome-pilot website at gnome.org you can find it here
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-pilot/ its very out of date and has a
link at the top pointing to eskil's site. I don't see why this site can't be
retrofitted and updated.

> 2) How would you guys feel about making gnome-pilot more
> extensible for
> using non-palmos devices.  A generic conduit framework that would call
> the actual device specific code for Palm OS, QTopia, Pocket PC (uggh),
> etc...

This would be really good. I'd also like to see support for mobile phones
like the Nokia 6xxx 7xxx series etc which support large contact lists /
calenders etc so we could do things like three way sync between
PDA/Phone/PIM

> 3) Is anyone working on the druids?  Currently they crash a
> lot and are
> need of attention.
> 4) Is anyone working on the panel applet, again this is something that
> needs some definite attention.

Agreed :)

> Soory if this list has covered things that are obvious to
> you, i'm just
> trying to get a clear understanding as to the current project status.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil
>
> On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 14:49, JP Rosevear wrote:
> > I'd like to take over maintainership of gnome-pilot atleast
> > temporarily.  There are some outstanding patches and there
> is the start
> > of the GNOME2 port that needs to get in somewhere.
> >
> > Eskil's website was down for a while (it is back up now)
> and he has been
> > unreachable by email for weeks.
> >
> > I'm making a guess at the procedure here.

I think you also need to contact the guys @ gnome.org and get full access to
CVS and the ability to update the website @
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-pilot/

Regards