RE: Sync of Palm m500 series - gnome-pilot-conduits

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 22:13, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi JP,
>
> This was the output I was getting before I applied the patch, it was
> complaining about O_RDONLY and others as below, I probably confused people
> by including it but I included it because the conduits package was giving
> similar errors to what I was seeing in gnome-pilot prior to applying the
> patch. The first bit in the compile of the email conduit (the first one to
> compile) it dies with a O_RDONLY error just as the gpilotd had so I thought
> it may have been the same problem. I seem to remember, in the distant past
> that was my days programming C, that O_RDONLY came from a standard include
> file like fcntl.h or something like that. I ran out of time to have a good
> look at it last night. But when I upgraded my evolution to 1.0.3 recompiled
> against the gnome-pilot stuff I discovered that I now have the three
> conduits to sync my evolution :)

Correct on the fcntl.h bit.

> I have also a couple of other queries about the gnome-pilot package. I read
> in the mailing list that to install an app I just have to drag it onto the
> gpilot gnome applet, this didn't seem to work, any suggestions? Is there any

I believe this is correct.

> way to sync to evolution while its not running, like you can do it
> Windows/Outlook, this isn't a major issue just a minor inconvenience? And
> finally is there any way to upload Acrobat PDFs and/or Palm Reader books?

Yes, evolution should sync just fine when its not running unless you are
using connector atm.

pilot-schlep will also install random files onto your palm.

-JP
JP Rosevear				jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.				http://www.ximian.com