evo calendar sync problems

I guess I should be counting my blessings, as I can finally somewhat
control my conduit settings in control-center and actually get data to
fly back and forth from my Palm to Evolution.  But (why does there
always have to be a big, hairy but), the calendar in Evo seems to be the
one exception.  I can put stuff in the Evo calendar and watch it show up
on the palm, but anything I do on the palm goes unseen in Evo.  I've
tried all the sync/copy/merge settings, but the calendar conduit refuses
to take my entries.

Any suggestions?