HotSync Button reprogrammed while syncing Palm IIIxe

Me again.

Thanks for the answer. Hopefully a fix will be available soon.

Another problem, I just discovered. At work I sync to linux RH7.2, as
described below, using serial cable. I use a "software" HotSync button.

At home I sync to Win2k, with cradle. I've been doing it for years. I use
Hardware HotSync button on my cradle.

Somehow, after syncing with RH7.2 (with Gnome-Pilot etc, of course) the
hardware button gets "reprogrammed". When I press it it tries to use IR-PC
communication. I have to use the software button instead. There seems to be
no way to program it back to Direct Serial (although Direct Serial option
for HotSync is in effect, but hardware button just keep using IR). The only
way to fix it is hard-reset, it seems.

Any ideas?

thanks,
rafal

Config as described in previous email. Basically all the latest stuff
recompiled on RH7.2