Re: pilot-xfer

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:51:50PM -0500, Jessica Perry Hekman wrote:
> I am failing to successfully run pilot-xfer:
>
> [jphekman pendaran BrainForestMobile]$ pilot-xfer /dev/pilot -i brainForest.prc
>
> Wrong packet type on queue
>
>    Error accepting data on /dev/pilot
> pi_accept: Connection timed out
>
> [jphekman pendaran BrainForestMobile]$ rpm -qa | egrep pilot
> pilot-link-0.9.5-0_helix_1
> pilot-link-devel-0.9.5-0_helix_1
> gnome-pilot-devel-0.1.55-0_helix_1
> gnome-pilot-0.1.55-0_helix_1

You can't use pilot-xfer while gpilotd is running. (Though it is OK to
have them both installed!).
Try this instead:
 gpilot-install-file brainForest.prc

Or, do:
 gpilot-install-file -l brainForest.prc
[note the "-l"]
And it will add that file to a queue of files needing to be installed at
the next sync.

[If you want to use pilot-xfer for some other reason, you can 'pause'
gpilotd using the panel applet's right-click menu.]

mibus

--
Robert Mibus <mibus bigpond com>
Anyone willing and capable to get themselves elected President by no means should be allowed to do the job -- Douglas Adams