Synch via Docking Station?

Hello,

I'm running Red Hat 7.0 on my Compaq Presario laptop and am trying to
get it to synch with my Palm Vx.  Since the laptop only has a USB
connection (no serial ports or IrDA connection) I purchased a docking
station in order to synch using  gnome-pilot (among other reasons).
I've been unable to get pilot-xfer to work with this configuration.

Is it possible to synch via a docking station with a serial port?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate the help.

Here is my list of serial ports recognized by Linux

$ dmesg | fgrep tty
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

I then tried the export PILOTPORT=dev/ttyS00

When I run

$ pilot-xfer -b palm

I get a msg "Unable to bind to port dev/ttyS00"

(Same thing for tty01)

Here are the packages I have installed

$ rpm -qa | egrep pilot
pilot-link-0.9.5-0_helix_2