pilot-xfer

I am failing to successfully run pilot-xfer:

[jphekman pendaran BrainForestMobile]$ pilot-xfer /dev/pilot -i brainForest.prc

   ---o-o---  The Palm name and logo are copyright Palm Computing, Inc.
   ---o--o--  and subsidiaries. All rights reserved.
   ---o-o---
   ---o-----  This is pilot-xfer from pilot-link version 0.9.5-pre3
   ---o-----
   ---o-----  pilot-link 0.9.5-pre3 is covered under the GPL
              See the file COPYING for more details.

   Port: /dev/pilot

   Please press the HotSync button now...

Wrong packet type on queue

   Error accepting data on /dev/pilot
pi_accept: Connection timed out

When I check my PDA, the program does not seem to have been installed
on it. Note that syncing normally works fine (although I have seen the
connection time out occasionally on a normal sync, i.e., one in which I am
not trying to install something new; I haven't been able to reproduce it,
but theorize it has something to do with the amount of data which has to
be synced).

Some more relevant information:

[jphekman pendaran BrainForestMobile]$ rpm -qa | egrep pilot
pilot-link-0.9.5-0_helix_1
pilot-link-devel-0.9.5-0_helix_1
gnome-pilot-devel-0.1.55-0_helix_1
gnome-pilot-0.1.55-0_helix_1

RedHat6.2; PalmIII with serial cradle.

Any help would be appreciated!

  "Users complain that they receive too much spam, while spammers protest
messages are legal." -InfoWorld
  "You do not have to do everything disagreeable that you have a right to
do." -Judith Martin (Miss Manners)