Re: pilot-link versioning (was: Re: GnomePilot problems)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 02:30:43AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:

>     David> Point being... 0.9.3. is the only/latest/official version,
>     David> and you should be using that. 0.9.4, though numerically
>     David> appears to be a more recent version, is actually about 6
>     David> months older than 0.9.3, and doesn't include many fixes
>     David> that 0.9.3 provides.
>
> Have you submitted your patches to the canonical source for
> pilot-link?  That's where the Debian pilot-link maintainer surely gets
> their sources, and this could be very confusing.  I've CC'ed the
> Debian package maintainer.

The Debian package is version 0.9.3, from
ftp://ryeham.ee.ryerson.ca/pub/PalmOS/pilot-link.0.9.3.tar.gz
pi-version.h in this distribution says version 0.9.4 (I don't know why,
and I don't want to change it since other programs may be looking for
that version number).  That's the source of the version number Micah
reported.  The Debian package has a number of bugfixes applied to it as
well; is anyone working on an updated release of pilot-link?

-Ben
--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel@unity.ncsu.edu
http://thoughtstream.org