Re: gnomecc and gpilotd

Jason Wier writes:
 > I go to "Pilot Link" and I get this mesage to my console
 >
 > Message: Unable to load host id information, assuming unset
 > Message: No pilot userid/username information located
 > Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
 > Message: No pilot craddle information located
 > Message: Unable to load pilot craddle info, assuming unset

So far so good. That's normal.

 > ** ERROR **: Cannot connect to the GnomePilot Daemon
 > aborting...

Now this is not good. This is not the area I know much about, but
looks to me  that gpilotd-control-applet is unable to
connect to gpilotd via Corba. One possible reason is that installation
put .gnorbar files in the wrong place. I had similar problem early on
with calendar not being able to started via CORBA. On Redhat 6.1 all
.gnorba for some reason reside in /etc/CORBA/servers, but on some
systems it is in /usr/etc/CORBA/servers. I'm not sure where the RPM's
put them, but just make sure that *pilot*.gnorba are in the same dir
as all the other once.

-Vadim