Re: gnomecc and gpilotd

I'll try to hit two birds with one stone...

Fabien Penso writes:
 > Jason Wier <jwier@mapletronics.com> wrote:
 > >
 > > I cannot get gnome-pilot to work.  I goto configure it with the gnomecc
 > > and it says that I have to have gpilotd running.  I go to start gpilotd
 > > and it says that I have to configure it with gnomecc first.

Did you go to "PilotLink" section in gnomecc or to individual
conduits? You need to configure gpilotd via "PilotLink" item in
gnomecc first. That message you see, as far as I know only happens
when you go to control individual conduits before you visit
PilotLink. there's a section in README that describes what to do in
PilotLink tab, depending on wether you have a brand new Pilot -> use
"send to pilot", or old pilot that was previously used wiht Windows
-> use "get from pilot" buttons. And don't forget to "OK" the changes.

Hope this helps.

 > Apparently this mailing list is pretty calm. Noone had any answer to my
 > last problem. I can't get gnome-pilot to be compiled here on my potato
 > :(

I guess a combination of holidays and not running debian. (at
least neither me nor Eskil). I think there was a patch for debian
applied recently in CVS. I would advise trying CVS. If that still
doesn't work, please post here again.

-Vadim