Re: Problem with syncing/connecting to gpilotd

Matt Luker spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I've been having a few problems with getting my palm pilot to connect
> reliably to gpilotd for syncs, file installs, etc.  I get the following
> messages:
> [snip...]
> gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: notify_on(event_type=DISCONNECT,callback=IOR:011907081b000000...)
> gpilotd-Message: Exiting (caught SIGINT)...

I got this for a while, too.

> The last part "Exiting (caught SIGINT)" is what I get with everything.  I managed to make
> this work several times, and then it stopped working completely.  I am using 0.1.46.

I fixed it by ripping out all the gpilot configs, putting my pilot in the
cradle and following the instructions TO THE LETTER, noticing it didn't work
and then giving up...  Then I came back the next day and it worked 100% and
has ever since.  :-)

The only reason I really replied is to say that I've seen this before, so
it's not an isolated problem.  Unfortunately, I can't help you fix it as
mine fixed itself.  :-)
Ethan

--
I'm goin' to the hardware store,