RE: problem sync'ing with gnome-pim

I've traced the problem I've been having sync'ing my pilot with
gnomecal.

recap.
to sync with gnomecal, I have to first start an instance of gnomecal,
otherwise, it will not sync.  It will start an instance of gnomecal,
but it just dosen't sync.

in:
gnome-pim/gncal/calendar-conduit.c

function:
start_calendar_server()

line:
	ctxt->calendar = goad_server_activate_with_repo_id (
		NULL,
		"IDL:Gnome/Calendar/Repository:1.0",
		GOAD_ACTIVATE_ASYNC,
		NULL);

notice the GOAD_ACTIVATE_ASYNC.

my idea... I'm runnung a dual PII-350 with a SMP kernel... I think
that what is happening is that gnomecal is being started ASYNC
(i.e. non-blocking) from gpilotd, and then gpilotd is trying to start
the sync before gnomecal is finished loading.

Could anyone let me know if they are running a dual-processor system
and *not* having this problem.

If no-one else has a similar configuration, I'll add in a sleep and
recompile to see if that makes a difference. (that will tell for sure,
but I've got this pesky thesis to do...)

details:
p2-350, 256MB, ASUS P2BD
kernel 2.2.14(GLX patch applied, otherwise stock)

gnome-core 1.1.3
gnome-pilot/gnome-pim cvs 2000-02-17

Thanks,
--
Glenn Attwood
"No! Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try."