Re: Help -- getting started with gnome-pilot

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Andy Boden wrote:

> gnomecc ("Pilot Link" -- is this right???), and when I do there's a
> suspiciously named "Cradle Port" field that needs some input value (is
> this right???).  The help button on this menu fires off the help

First of, the capplet is undergoing major surgery these days. So within
month or two, all this should be outdated.

Yes, this is the device port for your cradle, eg /dev/ttyS0 for com1
(/dev/ttyS1 for com2 soforth).

After you've typed in a port, click Try, this tilts the daemon and makes
it reread it's config. Now, you should be able to click the Get/Set
buttons to either get the userinfo from the pilot or set it.

See the README (in /usr/doc/gnome-pilot-*/) for more.

> "gpilotd-control-applet" (it's looking for this document in the path
> /usr/share/gnome/gpilotd-control-applet/C/properties.html -- is this
> right???).

Thats me being smart and hooking up the help button, and being lazy and
not putting anything at the end.

/dev/eskil