Re: syncing pose?

MIBUS : Robert MIBUS wrote:

> is it possible to sync with POSE (the emulator)? It would be nice not to
> have to waste batteries testing sync code (not to mention the fact ive
> managed to crash the pilot attempting to create conduits).

I've used xcopilot for a long time. You can find a link to it from the
gnome-pilot
page.

As usual, you'll need to extract a rom from your pilot, and xcopilot barfs on

newer rom (I use a Palm Pro rom). If you need a rom image, let me know,
and will blindly violate whatever foolish laws that might prevent me from
distributing it.

I've also use POSE, however it had some bad issues with the serial port.
First of, it abused your cpu by having two busy wait threads during sync,
and it closed the device after sync (like the USB issue). I comitted patches,

but they were rewriting POSE at that point, so they might have fixed these
annoyances. And POSE is definitely better since it supports PalmIII roms.

/dev/eskil