Re: email (sendmail) conduit

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 06:21:13PM +0200, Antoon Frehe wrote:

> But really i want a  exact copy of the messages  from my current inbox
> folder on my linux box to the  mailreader on the  pilot.  So now i get
> to  the bit where  kpilot had  been messing things   up  too. If i  do
> nothing special to the mh inbox then messages will be loaded again and
> again into my  pilot. I will have  several copies of the same messages
> and it seems the pilot mail program just doesn't see that they are the
> same. Also i would like the pilot mail  program to throw messages away
> if they are removed in my inbox.

what *i* do is like this: i use mutt & balsa to read my mail, so if i want
something on the pilot, i save a copy of that message with a name like '1'
or '2' or '3' (etc.) to ~/palmpilot/mail (my 'mh maildir'). i set 'mail
sent from pilot' to 'file' and 'mail on host' to delete. so, every time i
sync my pilot, it moves '1' and '2' and '3' to the pilot (deleting them
in the process, mind you, thats why they are copies). this won't
automatically delete emails on the pilot if they are deleted locally, but
it's good enough for me. YMMV.

mibus
(note: emails must be saved *individually* to '1' etc, so you cant select
a bunch of messages to move to '1' or '2'...)

--
Robert Mibus <mibus@bigpond.com>
 (Henry Spencer)