Re: email (sendmail) conduit

On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:37:16 Antoon Frehe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm confused about the 'default' email conduit.
>
> I somehow expected the email conduit to send and  retreive mail for my
> pilot. At setup i understood what the sendmail stuff was trials indeed
> show that i'm able to send mails prepared on my pilot.  I also sort of
> expected that i'd be able  to configure pop  or specify a mailbox file
> to synchronise with. The  gnomecc configurator isn't  completely clear
> on the subject. I experimented a bit with  filling in the MH directory
> and such but i fail to see the correct way.

this conduit is mostly like pilot-mail from the pilot-link package. it
does nothing fancy like pop.

> Is this  sendmail  conduit  specifically  for sending  mail  that  was
> prepared on the pilot or should it also be capable of synchronising my
> pilots mail  program with my (a)  mailbox folder on  my linux box with
> the mail? And if so, what should i do?

it should be able to read an MH dir and move the mails from it into the
pilot (procmail can write MH). i'm not totally familiar with it though.

otoh i was suposed to write a balsa conduit, so that gnome-pilot could
access balsa folders and use it to send mail but RealLife(tm) and balsa
issues stoped short. i'll try to get back to it asap (ie. as soon as i
finish diablo2 hehehehehe)

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds