Re: memo_file in CVS

Vadim Strizhevsky <vadim@optonline.net> writes:

> I'm geographically challenged ;-) Where's Melville? The last update I
> did was around 8pm New York time, and that fixed a nasty bug, make
> sure you have that.

Right between Nassau and Suffolk.  (I'm also on optimum online.)  Just
cvs updated.

> This is strange. Did you happened to notice in debug output if it
> did Fast or Slow sync this first time? The deal is if you last
> synced with the same "system", it is safe to do a fast sync.

Not sure.  I'll have to check to see if that happenned in my logs or
not.  But, it did take me a few tries to get gnome-pilot working, so
that may have counted as syncing with the same system?

> Yes I know those messages, but I think they are unecessary.

Ok.  Most of the time PilotManager asked me, it was definately
unnecessary.

>> Also along this vein, I was thinking about adding a capplet
>> preference to all conduits of "Desktop overwrites Pilot/Pilot
>> overwrites Desktop/Synchronize".

> You must be telepathic ;), actually, that was next on my todo list, and I
> was planning to do it over this weekend (hopefully).

Sounds great!  Then I'll keep munching on whatever bugs I find... I
just fixed some commandline handling in gpilot_install_file.  I'll
post a patch sometime.

> Also there are 2 "new" sync ways for gnome-pilot architecture: "Merge
> to Pilot" and "Merge From Pilot".

Neat.  Definately useful in some cases.

> I'm not sure I'm familiar with it, What's jfile?

JFile (http://www.land-j.com) is a flatfile database on the Pilot.
There's (currently) no unix converter for the latest version, but the
source should be out sometime, and I'm reasonably sure that the
author wouldn't have a problem if I wrote a conduit.  I figured I
could route them at least to comma-separated files, but ideally to one
of the Gnome flatfile databases I've seen lying around.  Maybe, if I
get really bored, send it to something like Postgres.

Thanks for the help!

The best man for the job is often a woman.