Re: 0.1.43 memo conduit question?

Charles R. Tersteeg writes:
 > > Question
 >
 > 1.  I do not have a problem with the speed setting.

And you shouldn't. speed shouln't matter at all for anything, and in
most cases this would be the last option I'll try changing if
something was wrong.

 > 2.  On the Gnome Control Center, PalmPilot, Pilot Link, Synchronize Action
 > setting of Synchronize.  It doesn't sync my memo dir but rather removes all the
 > memo just from the dir and not the Pilot (a good thing).
 >
 > 3.  When I set the Synchronize Action to "Use conduit settings" and the Memo
 > File conduit is set to "Sychronize", then it copies the memos from the Pilot to
 > the specified directory.
 >
 > 4.  My QUESTION is, if I delete or modify a file in my memo dir,  is it suppose
 > to remove/modify  the file on the Pilot?  I've tried different speeds and no
 > luck with that?  Please advise...

Again speed shouldn't matter. Now for the QUESTION, yes it supposed
to, if it doesn't we have a problem. After scratching my head for a
while I think I know what's going and it is all due to a very silly
bug that I fixed in CVS earlier today.  Do you have something set in
"Ignore end" option? If it is not set then that's the problem. To
workaround it without getting new code, just set "ignore end" to
something, like "~" for example.

The bug is quite embarassing but basically if "ignore end" is not set
than ALL local files will get ignored, which is what you're observing.

Let us know if this fixes it.

As for the difference between 2 & 3, in 3 you get the SlowSync forces
on the next sync and thus all records from pilot will be copied. In
normal situations it shouldn't matter and they should behave the same.

-Vadim